2. I am just going to say it, St. Valentine's day is the one saint feast day that people don't seem to mind celebrating with the old calendar. We always do our favorite old calendar saints on their old feast days, so it is normal for us.
3. We are trying childcare/date exchanges with some friends for the first time. They have three boys (expecting a fourth in June) and we have our three girls. Anyway, our date is tonight. Theirs was last night, and it went pretty well once we got the one year old to stop crying. If things go well tonight, I think we should do it again! It is hard to feel like we can afford to go out very often when you add the cost of the sitter to that of the meal.
4. Back to pregnancy, I passed my glucose test this week. Woohoo!! So, this means that my measuring big at every appointment is just that I have a bigger baby or the due date is a week off. Both are entirely possible given what I know about when this baby came into existence (charting win). ;)
5. Further, my friend R. wrote this great piece at the Federalist about adding a component of "danger" to one's sex life. While she never stated it, it seems like a great example of what is missing in people's intimate lives that they need things like that stupid, awful movie coming out tomorrow to entertain them. Really, there is a bit of fear involved when knowing you could be co-creating a new human being, plus all that comes with bearing, birthing, and raising that new human.
|We had 35 total, but the other are in the mail!|
7. And to make it feel more like summer I am including a greenhouse photo. Our amaryllis is blooming, I bought a mini rose bush to fill things out, and the parsley is still green. The girls had me buy the little lady bug plant to give to our recently widowed neighbor for St. Valentine's day, "We want her to know we love her soooo much!"
I am linking up once again with Kelly at This Ain't the Lyceum, the host of Seven Quick Takes!