1. For number one, I want to thank Fr. Z for turning my latest Truth and Charity post into a "Guest Post" on his blog. I really appreciate that he read my email and took time to read my post. Thanks, Father!
2. The Saga of the Leaky Pipe Continues... Here is the current look of our basement:
|This one is not quite current, the ceiling in this family room is mostly put up.|
|The laundry room is painted.|
|Spare Oom. Maybe we should skip carpet and go for a marbled cement look?|
3. I was trying to convince L (2.75) to go outside today by telling her that it was going to be cold soon. Her response: "When it gets cold out then it will snow and then we can go ice skating!" She has no clue what ice skating it like... though maybe we need to look into taking her sometime this winter...
4. I bought a large squash at the farmer's market this morning. The farmer told me that it would be good for pie. He cut one open to show the inside. It looked orangey-red and fleshy. I think it will be good. Last year we tried out the blue hubbard squash, and it made delicious pies and breads.
|I am not sure what kind of squash it is, but it looks like a pretty close relative of the pumpkin.|
6. I am currently watching Game 6 of the NLCS with my MLB app. It is possibly the last baseball game I will watch this season because of our voluntary lack of television. If the Cardinals hold onto their 9-0 lead then I will have to listen to the KMOX broadcast of the World Series games.
7. And I leave you with Carly Simon singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." And the video I want won't imbed so you have to go there.
Head on over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!