|The quiet beauty of the morning before the kids were up. I love tulips.|
2) I had a little date with my double oven and Norwex cleaning products. I could not get every spot, but it is much better and shiny:
3) My father's father was a photographer, and last winter I spent an evening with two of my aunts going through photographs and taking my favorites home. I have been meaning to hang them for awhile. We don't have a lot of common area wall space (that is not in the play room), so we only put two things up for now.
4) L asked for a painting of her name patron saint for Christmas to hang in her room with her name cross stitch (made by her aunt). G was given a Romanian style painted glass icon of her name patron saint at birth, and it has been hanging with her cross stitch for years. For L, we found a poster print of a painting, and finally hung in her room the other week. With the plan for the bunk bed, we decided to put all four framed items on one wall. I think it turned out really well, but you will have to come see it for yourself.
5) To add to Lent for the children (in addition to our Lent wreath and stational churches) we decided to do a bean jar for charitable deeds and a crown of thorns for sacrificial deeds. Since they are all below the age of reason, we have to remind them of it and tell them when they have done something worthy of it. They also look nice.
|A certain girl likes to have her saint statue "talking" to Jesus or Our Lady.|
|The basil pots are covered in plastic until the seeds sprout.|
7) I will leave you with a few gems from the girls:
G (almost 6) at the end of quiet time the other day: "I was just finishing up my prayer time. It took me longer than normal today. I said a Hail Mary, an Our Father, a St. Michael, and then made up some prayers to Jesus."
L (4), when I brought her toys into her quiet time (after her "sleeping time"): "I was singing about when I should get my toys. I was also singing Jesus songs. I sang a song to the monsters about how Jesus died on the cross so that we could go to Heaven."
Me: "What did the monsters think of that?"
L: "I don't know. They did not say."
F (2) all the time: "I have to go potty. No, I don't have to go."
Linking up with Kelly at This Ain't the Lyceum.