2. While discussing a Biblical text and how I interpret it, M said to me: "You realize that all of the tradition interprets it differently."
Me: "Well, that has been my intuition about this my whole life."
M: "That is because you are a modern traditionalist. I am going to start telling people that I am a modern traditionalist because my wife wears a brown veil." We are pretty modern trads, aren't we?
3.We finally got to going through our closeted basement stuff last Saturday and did the kind of giving away/throwing out that we have done with every move. We finally parted with a couple of things we have been holding onto for our entire marriage. I managed to hold onto a few especially memorable things, and few good laughs reading my "jrnlo" that my first grade teacher had us write in every day. My ode to "chiccin pocs" is my favorite:
4. Last Sunday we canned the last of our jam. We took those strawberries that we froze back in June and mashed them up with blackberries and raspberries and made 2 gallons of triple berry jam. Yum, yum! I canned 14.5 pints and stuck the rest (from three batches) in a jar in the fridge.
5. The first week of teaching kindergarten went well. I had to work the first day for a bit of discipline, and G said to me in a surprised tone, "You sound just like a teacher, Mommy!" Yes, my child, I am your teacher, so please listen to me and do what I ask. Okay? Thanks.
6. While we were going through stuff, M came across my senior thesis entitled, "St. Augustine and Free Will." After reading the first paragraph allowed he announced to me, "This is not too bad!" It actually was better than I remembered it. My husband might have even given me a decent grade! I bring this up because I have been rediscovering my appreciation of St. Augustine through an album by Sam Rocha, Late to Love (click the link to listen). It is described as "original concept album that performs a reading of Augustine’s Confessions through soul music". M is the one who discovered it back when it was a Kick Starter project. He is into soul music, and I am normally not, but this one is pretty catchy (Simcha Fischer even gave it a good review!). I am pretty picky about the content of my music, but I can't be too picky when it is St. Augustine. The kids really like it also, especially "In the Self's Place" and what they call "The Alien Song." Yesterday when M was working downstairs, L declared that he was "in the self's place" because he was alone.
7. We had a great food week. Saturday we made grilled steak with Bearnaise sauce. The sauce was amazing, and I did not get super stressed making it, like I normally do with a Hollandaise. I neglected to take a picture of my plate of steak, sauce, fingerling potatoes, grilled vegetables, and red cabbage salad. It was all soooo good. We made our first attempt at grilled pizza yesterday and ended up having to just grill the crust and broil the toppings. It was yummy and grilled tasting, but I think we should have been able to do the whole thing on the grill. We have decided that we need to up grade from our camping grill to a normal sized charcoal.
That's all, folks!
I am linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary!