It is not the typical Monday in the Spencer household. The house guests left yesterday morning. We had my in-laws and two sisters-in-law for the long weekend, and it was a very nice visit. Thanksgiving day had the typical delicious fare as well as macaroni and cheese for the birthday girl (L turned 3) and a vegan roast for certain non-meat eaters. To add to the fun, on Friday we had 14 more people arrive for the afternoon: 2 aunts, 2 uncles, 9 cousins, and a fiance. Our new house had its first large party and it survived mostly unscathed (we got the ink spill off the new carpet within minutes of the incident).
The older girls were pleased to have so many people around to play with for three whole days, but by mid-afternoon yesterday, G (4.5) was running a decently high fever and F (1) was miserable with a cold. Today has been a sick day, as L developed a fever this morning. Cranky, sick children makes for a quiet, uneventful day for me. We called the doctor, and she thinks they have "what's going around."
I am going to list a few goals I have for this next year:
- Start making all my own stocks by next Advent. I have a strong dislike for boning meats, and prefer to buy boneless, skinless meats, but it is time to get over it.
- Regularly cross stitch so that by next Advent I actually have a finished stitched Jesse Tree ornament.
- Not cave and restart Netflix and use the library instead.
- Go through the stuff I brought home from my parents house.
- Paint the girl's dresser.
- Do school every school day.
- Sew kitchen valance curtains.
- Be kinder.
- Listen to my children.
- Never cease to seek holiness.